Friday, July 03, 2009

Brad

I really need to do an update of a few things that have been going on this summer, but there's something on my heart today that I wanted to share. I was cleaning house and listening to my ipod when this song came on. It's a song that Brad played for Scott and told him that if something happened to him, he wanted it to be played at his funeral. I'd never listened to the words until today, and they are just amazing. The words seem like they were written for Brad. He absolutely loved to sing. I remember driving to Colorado with Brad and Jenny, and the four of us sang all the way up there. The singing of the angels lured him to heaven. I can't get enough of this song, and although it makes me wish Brad were singing here instead of there, I can still smile seeing him as he was welcomed from a chorus of angels in heaven. And I (along with many, many others) can't wait until Brad is one of those angels welcoming us home one day.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Very sweet, Tammie. I am glad you were able to make so many fun memories with him.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Small world... I found your blog from my friends blog Emily Norris (whom I know from High school)... I like your blog title so I thought I would check it out (while the baby is sleeping) and then I saw this post... and I have to think that you are talking about the Wims family... I went to college with them both... not sure if I know you but I think that it is a small world that you know two of my friends from different facets of life... God is good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails