Sunday, December 14, 2008

We love our friends!

Scott and I headed to Houston this weekend to visit our friends, Brad and Jenny. We have so many wonderful memories with this couple, and I just wish we could take away their pain. They are suffering right now (although their attitudes do not show it even a little bit). Please keep them and thier family in your prayers. Jenny's blog will have updates.
When we got home, the boys and I made this masterpiece of icing and gingerbread cookies. It's supposed to be a Christmas tree. It looks like icing covered dog doo.


Santa visited Brad and Zeke a little early, and he also sent a shelf elf to keep an eye on the boys. The boys had fun (well, Brayden had no idea what was going on, but Bryce is all about it) reading the book and finding the elf. Bryce talked about it all night. All night. Nonstop. He started on the tv and is already back from the visit with Santa and landed on our mantle. They named him Kirby. Like the vacuum. Every time Brayden would throw a fit tonight, Bryce would tell him that Kirby is going to tell Santa. Sweeeeeeet.

Finally, our small group knew we would need a distraction after coming home from Houston, so they brought over pizza. My mom got us a ping pong table for Christmas, so we had a tournament-like we made a bracket and everything. Scott won. Dork. We also played Around the World until we couldn't breathe anymore...




The kids didn't mind being completely ignored. They seemed to entertain themselves.

All in all, it was a great weekend. We stayed with Jason and Carrie (friends from our old small group in Houston) on Saturday night. It was great to see everyone and be able to try our best to lend some support to Brad and Jenny. We are so thankful for the wonderful friends God has placed in our lives. We will continue to pray for complete and total healing for Brad and we beg all of you do the same.

6 comments:

McFarland Family said...

I am glad that you guys had a great weekend visiting Brad and Jenny. I got Taylor the Shelf Elf and she is scared to death of it. I think I am going to go find a less scary one.

jaime s said...

We'll be praying for them!

Shelf elf scares me too!! Yikes!

You are such a great friend. I am thankful you were able to be in Houston!

Jennifer said...

We are constantly praying for the Wims!

We had a blast last night with the pingo pong tourny! Pretty sad that I was breathless after a few rounds. Tell Scott to watch out...we WILL be playing again! Thanks for letting us crash your night after such a long weekend.

We love you guys!

Laurie said...

We are so glad y'all had such a blessed weekend in Houston!

We had a blast last night playing ping-pong! Is it sad that I am sore today???

We love you guys and are praying for y'all and the Wims family!

Angie Campbell said...

We are so glad that you could come and visit this weekend! Call us if you ever need to stay with us!
Here is my e-mail
datcampbell@comcast.net

tamandscott said...

Ok you wussies, if my two can handle the elf without getting scared, then you can!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails