Monday, July 16, 2007

HAWAII

Ok, I will quit being lazy and put some pictures from our trip. We had such a great time! We spent five nights on the island of Kauai. It's beautiful, and we fully intend on moving there (kidding).


Let me just throw out there that I will totally butcher the spelling of these places, but it's 12:20 a.m. and Scott isn't awake to tell me how to spell them.
So, just pretend they're right.




us on the plane


We made it!


This is the front of our condo. We stayed at Wiapouli Resort in Kapaa.



Our kitchen was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.



I had just finished touring our condo.


This was the view from our back patio.
the pool at our condo
Here are the cabanas where we had our rockin' massages. I had the Lomi Lomi massage where they put hot lava rocks on your back. Nice.
We did the zip line. It rocked. They were filming a movie with Ben Stiller and Jack Black where we were zipping, but we didn't see them.

Here's the view we had from the zip line.
Scott zipping (the tiny orange dot)


Wiamaya Canyon (they call it the Grand Canyon of the Pacific)
us at an overlook
Wialua Falls
We took a day and flew to Oahu to see Pearl Harbor. It was an incredibly moving experience.
This was the line you had to wait in to get the ticket. We waited 45 minutes to get the ticket then 3 1/2 hours later, rode over to The Arizona memorial.


The Arizona memorial was built over the actual ship that sunk.
Here is a pretty moving survivor story. They were posted all over the museum.
Japenese torpedo
This is the actual anchor for The Arizona. It weighed 19,000 pounds.


part of the Arizona sticking up out of the water

Oil still leaks from the ship.
My grandma went to highschool with Boydstun.
She also went to highschool with Huff. part of the ship under water


Wikiki Beach (much, much different than Kauai)



Here's me cruisin' around Honolulu.
I caught a luau man stretching at the mall. Humana.
Hangin' loose with the Big Kahuna
The next morning, we took at catamaran to the Na Pali coast. It was ssssoooooo awesome. It was actually daytime, but we are in a cave in this picture.
One of our millions of scenery pictures of the Na Pali coast.
This cave was in Six Days, Seven Nights.

That night we attended a luau in the Smith Gardens. It was very pretty.
Not sure what to say about this one.
There were peacocks all over the garden.
Here is a place that most people get married in Kauai in the gardens.


The luau was pretty good.
Here is the underground pit where they cook the pig. I'll spare you the gore. It was nasty.
Here we are at the Luau feast. Also, quite nasty.


The last night before leaving, we ate dinner at The Beach House, which is a popular place to see the sunset.
All in all, we had a terrific time! I feel very blessed to have been able to celebrate our tenth anniversary in Kauai!
Check out Angie's blog for pics of what the boys did while we were gone. I'm told they held their own luau. (Hint, hint--Angie, put pictures up).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammie,
My daughter got married on the island of Kauai last July. We stayed at the Kauai Marriott Resort which was beautiful as well. We wanted to do the zipline but you had to reserve it way before we went. We took one of those big float tours with Napali Coast Seat Tours and went around the Napali Coast. It was gorgeous! I'm glad you had fun. I love the pictures. They are so clear. Seems like you and Scott had a blast! We are going to Maui next summer. I can't wait.

Patti (who works with Angie)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome pictures! Way better than the African American couple or the other couple from France I kept seeing in place of your pictures.:)

K

See-Dub said...

Gorgeous pictures!

TriSara said...

SOOOO jealous! That looks like the most incredible trip. I am glad that you guys had such a good time. Yea for 10 years! That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME!!! I am so glad that you and Scott got to spend your anniv. in such a special spot!!-Les

Holly Moulder said...

jealous... :P

Jenna said...

That looks fantastic!! I am glad you guys had such a great time. Mark and I are trying to decide where to go on a trip without the kids. I think Hawaii has pulled into the lead!

Candice said...

I think we went to the same luau 9 years ago...and we have almost identical pictures (only I'm the one with the finger up the dude's nose:)). Looks like so much fun.

Jennifer said...

Wow...those pics are GREAT! I agree they look MUCH better than the pictures that kept popping up for me! Glad y'all had a great time! It looks like y'all had a blast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails