Last night was the Relay for Life. It is such an amazing event, and I am always honored to be a part of something that raises so much money for cancer. Although I'm pretty exhausted (I finally pooped out at 1:30 a.m., but it goes until six!), it was worth every minute. I already can't wait until next year!
These are the luminaries for the three people I was honoring this year.
My uncle was part of the entertainment with "Full Can of Coke." They started playing at about midnight (like true rockstars).
Thanks to everyone for your donations! I was able to raise a total of $650 for my team! I was also able to submit the stories of Brad and Megann's cancer in order to be put into a booklet to be taken to congress in order to get cancer more attention. All in all, it was a very rewarding night!
Here's a musical snack...
(be sure and scroll down to the bottom to turn off my blog music first)

10 comments:
Is it too late to donate? I have been meaning to but things have just been so crazy that it never seems to happen. Looks like such a wonderful event. I don't know if it is just my perception, but there seems to be so much more cancer now then there was in the past. I know so many young people who are fighting a battle with cancer (or who have lost a battle with cancer).
Great blog entry, thanks for sharing with those of us unable to stay up that late!
You are such a great person and friend for doing this. I am so proud of you!!
SO AWESOME! What a wonderful event, and what a great tribute to Megann, Brad and Pam!
You are such a special friend to do something so wonderful Megann, Brad, and Pam. We are so proud of you and the entire diva gang!
It looks like it was so much fun. My allergy eye is glad I did not go, but my heart is not. Maybe next year I will just plan to stay for a part of it rather than missing the whole thing. How much did the whole team raise? Great job Divas....
That is awesome!
Thank you! I am so honored you did this! The luminaries are so neat. I can just picture my name, don't worry about missing it. Your are too sweet! I love ya!
"Full Can of Coke" sounded great! Go Uncle!!
Glad I could donate to the cause. I hope some day I'll also be able to walk in one of these. Good job!!! :)
What a beautiful song. You do such nice things for others. WHat a blessing!
Post a Comment