Monday was my grandma's birthday. She is such an unbelievable treasure to me. She suffered a stroke about eight years ago while on a cruise that left her paralyzed on the left side of her body. That was one of the worst phone calls I've ever gotten, and I am so thankful that we have been able to have her here with us for this long. Before that day, she was incredibly active and busy all the time helping us with whatever she could (she packed up my whole apartment in Wichita Falls with my Meemaw!). Thankfully, she has retained her memory and mind through the trauma and is still the same Grandma we all know and love. It was great to be able to spend her birthday with her. Happy birthday, Grandma "Da, Da" (as my boys call her). We love you!
my mom had something up her sleeve.
She was a little more than shocked when the dudes came to make a big production of her bday.
Here she is being serenaded.
It didn't stop her from enjoying that sopapilla!
I just noticed that I ended my Easter post with this same type cutie patootie picture.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Tammie's Grandma!
Looks like a fun celebration!
Considering your cutie patooties, it's not surprising that you'd be overflowing with those cute pictures!
Aren't grandparents the best! I lost my last grandparent last year and it feels so strange. Great post...and yes, that is one cutie patootie!
It seems that you have an amazing extended family. What a great blessing; and you are so good to recognize that.
Oh, I wish we could have been there~
Happy Birthday Grandma Dada!!
Post a Comment