The boys have been so fun lately, so I thought I'd add some of the things they've been up to.
Bryce:
Bryce:
- He is very excited about his Troy-like hairdo that is growing and growing. When told that the sun was giving him highlights this summer, he said, "Oh, yeah, just like Troy has."
- He is always coining new phrases (sorry Lemons' boys). His new thing is saying, "Yeahhhhh, baybeh." I tried to type that with a "hic" accent, but you get the gist.
- He is also very excited to start kindergarten. He is very picky about which lunch kit he wants to get. We had to look through a magazine forever to choose the perfect one.
- He still has the sweetest, most tender heart of any five year old boy I know. He often tells us how much he loves us. I overheard him telling Brayden the other day, "Brayden, do you know that I love you?" Love that kid.
- At the library the other day, he handed the lady his transformers movie and then proceeded to sing the theme for her (and everyone else within a ten mile radius). "Transformerrrsssss." He sings with "harmony" which means that he adds some shake to his voice. It was hilarious.
- He likes to do Pilates with me, and when Julie (the fitness lady) said to do something that was hard, Bryce said, "I don't think so, Lady."
- He is signing up for soccer in the fall. I still can't believe he is five.
Brayden (AKA--Braydo)
- I have begun the first stages of potty training. We went to Target to buy potty prizes. It worked, for a day. He's just not interested, so neither am I. ;)
- The other day was his first real naughty moment. He was upset that I would not make him macaroni and cheese b/c I was making dinner. So, he took the canister of macaroni and threw it on my kitchen tile. It exploded everywhere. After spending some time in time out, I made him sit in the kitchen and pick up the millions of macaroni noodles one by one. It took him almost 30 minutes. By the end, he was crying saying "I tired." Yep, picking up a mess is pretty tiring, isn't it?
- Yesterday he was getting a dessert since he ate all of his dinner. I opened the pantry, and Brayden said, "Hellooooo gorgeoussss." It is from A*vin and the Ch*pmunks. The fact that he remembered that one line was so funny to me.
- He also came into our room the other day with a blanket around him like a cape. He stormed out of the room saying, "I knew it, I knew it!" It took me a while to figure it out, but he was pretending to be Ms. Darvis from Hi*h Scho*l Musical. Maybe we watch too many movies...
- He is one of the funniest kids I know. He makes us laugh every day, and I am so thankful for his tender heart.
I am so grateful for my two boys!!

8 comments:
Hi Tammy! Jessica Knox (my brother David's, wife) sent me a link to your blog. You have a beautiful family!!
I am married with two amazing stepchildren. I have been living in Ohio for 11 years now, much to my family's disappointment. It has definitely become my home.
I don't yet have a MySpace or Facebook etc. page, but I am on Linked In. My new last name is Toki.
Take care!
Stacy
You do have the sweetest boys....how is the cough? Also, why in the world are you looking at lunch boxes? School does not start for another month!!!
I love your boys! That Bryce really is a super special kid. I really miss seeing you guys!
Hey Mrs. Hinney. Great pictures. Can't wait to see y'all in person. Tyler say's "yeah baby" and his has an Austin Powers flair to it.
Picturing Bryce singing harmony in the library has made me giggle all day.
Brayden's naughty moment sure was naughty. I can't believe he really picked everything up.
Yes- I'm thinking they watch way to many movies since this whole post stems from a movie line. ! :) Hilarious. . .
Your boys are so sweet. I agree, Bryce's kind heart is amazing for his age. Brayden is so funny and I love his soft little voice. Who had thought with his loud little voice as a baby! :) We love you Sheltons!
Your boys are so sweet. They really do have the biggest hearts. I just can't believe how much they have grown... guess in my mind, they'll always be the itty bitty little ones I first met in the d.c.
Hope y'all are enjoying your summer!
Those were great updates...I was laughing out loud at all their funny phrases. :) And, let me just say, they would NOT be offspring of Tammie or Angie if they didn't have an uncanny ability to recall one-liners from any movie they've ever seen. So, I love that the gene has been passed on. :)
Post a Comment