Saturday, January 21, 2006

How do you explain?


Ok, Bryce is the funniest kid I know. We've tried to tell him that saying "oh my god" is not nice (he hears it on t.v. all the time). He has now become the language police telling his parents and grandparents not to say stupid, oh my god, etc... Well, the other day I was singing "Here I am to Worship." There is a part in the song that says "Here I am to say that you're my God." Well, Bryce freaked out and said "don't say that mommy." This is getting old putting all of the quotation marks, so I am going to leave them off from now on (even though I teach writing and it'll kill me). Anyhoo, I explained to Bryce that it is alright to say that if it's in a song thinking I was so smart for telling him that. So...now he goes around the house singing:
Here I am to worship
Here I am to talky (don't ask)
Here I am to say that
You're my oh my god
Not only is that the wrong way to sing it, but now he thinks he can say ugly things as long as he says it in a song. Ugh. BTW, the getup was his Halloween costume. Every time he sees a cowboy now he thinks the guy is trick or treating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Your boys are so precious. Haven't you just loved hearing the things that come out of your kids mouth. Well..not all of it, but you know what I mean. Welcome to the blogging world. I'm glad I now have a way to keep up with you.

MDM said...

He's funny!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails