
I am starting to have a little bit of blogger's remorse. Every time I think of something, I think "oh, I should write about that." This leads me to today's topic. Yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon and evening ignoring my family and getting a ton of stuff done. All of the stuff I was doing was filling in picture books, scrapbooks, etc. Now, I have busted my rump doing all of this (for my kids, of course). Here is a list of things I have going (which is honestly why I can only have two kids b/c there's no way I could keep up with enough stuff for three).
1. scrapbooks for both boys detailing their first years
2. family scrapbook
3. birthday books for both boys--acordian style from Once Upon a Family (highly recommend)
4. Christmas book--acordian style from Once Upon a Family
5. My Dear Sweet Child boxes from Once Upon a Family (write a letter each year on your kid's birthday giving them all to them on thier 21st birthday, corny, I know, but sorta neat)
6. School Days books for both boys for when they start school
7. vacation scrapbook (like we go on any)
8. baby books for both boys (the boring kind)
9. Now That I'm a Big Brother book (where you fill it in and add pages)
10. mini scrapbooks that were a gift but I feel the need to fill in the pictures
Now, some of these things are yearly maintenance and some are monthy. The funny thing is...I HAVE TWO BOYS. They are not going to give a rip about this stuff I am killing myself over, but I am doing it all for them...or am I? It's just funny how we do all of this stuff so our kids will have something to remember us by, but what would make them remember us most if spending time with them. Scrapbooking, especially, takes up so much time that I could be spending with them. I felt the need in my will to indicate who to leave my scrapbooks to. That's why I highly recommend Once Upon a Family. All of thier keepsake stuff is maintained only once a year (very expensive though). So, Bryce and Brayden, when you read this (and you WILL read this one day b/c I am having it bound into a book and making you), tell me how much you appreciate all of my hard work. Tell me that I spent enough time with you and did this junk while you both were napping. Ok, I'm done. My son is screaming, so now I'm ignoring him to blog about this...?

11 comments:
I can't believe we're identical twins. I would never do that. I don't even have our pictures labeled, they are just shoved into a box and I figure I'll find them if I need them for anything. Kevin said the other day, when Nora's born are you going to get a book or something to keep pictures in? Poor guy, he's way more domestic than me. Props for all the work. They WILL appreciate it one day.
How can you just throw them in a box? I feel like it's such a waste of picture taking. I guess it's still fun to thumb through our old pictures from Lottie Lane:(
I think we are the first set of opposite twins ever conceived. Forget the identical part.
Well, we don't even get them developed. They're all on a computer file and if my kids want to see their "baby book" they can march on over to the computer and look at it. Good for you, though. I wish I had the patience to do that. Don't worry about the time thing. I spent about...oh....6 hours on the computer yesterday doing NOTHING!
That is so weird that your blog was about this today! I was actually just sitting down to talk about my new scrapbooking goals...and you talked about all of the same things! I struggle with wanting the books and the final product (yes, I want on the organized side like you, but I also WISH I was more like Ang and threw them in the box and didn't care...) ANYWAY, I want the books but HATE taking all the time to do it! But, that is my goal this year. So, good luck doing yours and someday I'll be able to take pictures of mine like you!
Can one of you type A personalitites take on scrapbooking for my poor daughter, who, when she graduates from high school I probably won't be able to find a baby picture for her senior slide show??
That's a pretty bold assumption...that your kid will graduate from High School.
I'm rubber you're glue.
What bounces off of me sticks to you.
You're face is ugly, and your breath is bad, so get outta my face 'fore you wish you had.
Man, y'all sure know how to take me back....I'm sitting here laughing out loud at the two of you and remembering back LONG AGO when we would try to sing together and I'd be laughing so hard at y'all fighting that I couldn't even catch my breath. Those were the days....
And, yes, Ang...don't worry. I will not only find pictures of your daughter for her slide show, but I will also show her every picture of you from college and tell her every story I know....man, that'll be fun!
Chels,
please leave "that one" story out. Nora's virgin ears don't need to hear that.
ang
You are sick! You are a sick, sick, scrapbooker!!!! Actually, I'm just jealous. Tyler still doesn't have a baby book and he'll be 3 in a few months. I think I'll host a "scrapbooking retreat" where everyone who comes will pay you to do their scrapbook. You could make a pretty penny, sista!
Post a Comment