So many different emotions have been felt by Scott and me over the past week upon learning the news that our dear friend, Brad, finally gave in to his battle with cancer. Why him? Why a guy that has stronger faith than I will ever know? Why a father to only a two year old and a five year old? Why not someone who is evil and would not be missed by hundreds. Today at the burial, Brad's dad told us that now that Brad was with his brother Brett (who died when Brad was in highschool), that God may rethink this whole plan of his! If Brett was anything like Brad then that is so true. Michael Harbour (our old preacher) said that he was sure that Brad was heckling the angels right now. Scott and I will miss Brad tremendously. He was such a big part of Scott's life with his daily sports calls and emails. We'll miss our frequent trips to Houston to visit him and Jenny. He will leave a gigantic hole in our lives. My faith has been shaken to the core, but I have to believe that God has a plan.
Thank you to our incredible friends who have joined us in praying for this precious family. They have felt your love even in their darkest times. Thank you to our friends who are driving all the way from Fort Worth to be with us tomorrow. Your support for us means more than my words could express. Please say a prayer as we participate in a walk tomorrow to support Jenny and the kids. I don't want to miss his memorial from being hospitalized :). Seriously, please say a prayer for Scott as he bravely takes the stage to memorialize Brad. Finally, say a prayer for Jenny, Zeke, Kaelyn, David and Sandra as they attempt to live their lives without the presence of a faithful husband, father, and son.
Revelation 14:13
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who from now on die in the Lord." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them."
Brad, your deeds and your faith have touched lives of people all over the world that don't even know you. I thank you for the friend you were to Scott and the follower of Jesus you continued to be throughout your battle. Rest well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Well said, Tammie. I think you voiced many people's struggle with faith. You are not alone in how you feel regarding those hard to understand circumstances. I think that is exactly what faith is about. Believing in things that are bigger than us and sometimes trusting even when it doesn't make any sense to us right now, where we are. I do think it will all make sense one day. Hang in there girl, you have a lot of prayers being said for you and Scott as well as Brad's family.
Scott,
Great job sir. You had me laughing out loud at some great memories of our friend. He will be very very missed.
Matt
Tammie and Scott,
Thomas and I have been thinking about you guys non-stop. We have been lifting you up in prayer, along with Jenny and the kids (and everyone else dealing with Brad's loss). We didn't know Brad, but felt like we did through you guys. We were touched by his story and bravery and were so glad that you shared his story with us. We are honored to call you guys our friends - even though we don't get to spend a lot of time with you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you - in the meantime, we won't stop praying.
Blessings,
Tami and Thomas
We love y'all. Thanks for sharing your heart. It's such a tough thing to digest.
Tammie, you have been on my heart so much these last few days. I am sorry you are having to go through this pain again. You are so good at sharing your feelings and honoring your friends.
My prayers continue for you and for Jenny (and the rest of their family).
Some things just don't make any sense at all. I do know that his life and his faith has been an amazing example to me and to countless others. I am so very sorry.
I am so sorry that you have to go through this. You are an amazing person and friend. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I know many of us have thought the same thing.
Love ya!
Hi there-
I'm a friend of Brad and Jenny's (and we actually have a mutual friend in Jenni (Gage)Christian). I just wanted to let you know that you did a great job on Saturday. I was so touched by all the speakers on Saturday. It was such a special service. Brad will be missed by so many.
Thanks again,
denise
My deepest sympathies go out to you all right now... losing someone who was so important to so many people. I didn't know Brad, but he has been on my heart and in my prayers. My heart goes out to you all as you cope with a your loss and rejoice with you in knowing that he is dancing with angels right now.
Thank you for the sweet tribute to Brad and the sharing of your deeper faith struggles. Scott did such an amazing job at the service...I could just see Brad watching and laughing out loud at all the memories. It was wonderful.
Post a Comment