
This afternoon, I took Bryce with me to finish my Christmas shopping (I felt this sudden need to get it completely finished). Anyway, it was so fun hanging out with just him. I usually have both boys with me or am by myself. We ate dinner together and shopped like crazy. We even took a ride in the security car when I went out the wrong door of the mall and couldn't find my car! Anyway, he is a natural born shopper. He came away with a new hat, rescue pack, and a gigantic sucker. Maybe this will be something new that I can start with both boys. Bryce is such a great kid but tends to whine and act out more since Brayden came along. It's amazing the difference when he's getting all of the attention. I think it will do them both some good as they grow up to get some special attention from us individually. That was something I was lacking growing up being an identical twin. We were always doing everything the same, and it was so hard to become individual people (although now we are more different than two people could ever be). I can already see the differences in Bryce and Brayden. I am so thankful for two healthy and terrific boys! We're now going to finish the night off with a couch slumber party (with daddy on the "crouton" aka: futon). Scott is off this whole week with us, so we are looking forward to some much needed family time!

8 comments:
I took Hollyn to the mall with me the other day after a couple of hours of arguing with her about how fun it would be. We ended up having a really great time. She even got a new dress and a cookie out of the whole thing. I think you are totally right about the individual time thing. Have a great week with your hubby home!
Enjoy your family time! What a fun tradition to start with Bryce (and Braden in the future).
I love the name "crouton".
Your family is good about having slumber parties. Great memories!
Yes, enjoy your week together!
How fun! Madison and I went shopping last night while the boys were at a slumber party. It is fun to be with just one kid at a time. Looks like Bryce made out with some goodies too. Did you actually pay money for that hat??!!
Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy your family time.
K.
That is so sweet that you and Bryce got some special time together.
Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving!
The ride in the security car is hilarious!
We are SO looking forward to Wednesday and getting to hang out.
What a fun shopping trip together! And, I totally agree about the individual time with siblings. Even in a family with no twins, we rarely got that "individual" time...and I was ALWAYS the one having to go everywhere with those darn little sisters. Anyway, it's definitely something I want to do more of with my own kiddos.
Plus, I LOVE that you are training your boy to be a good shopper someday---he'll be such a good husband to his wife and might actually ENJOY that quality time that I try to convince Mark of all the time. :)
Tam, i swear, you are so awesome to those sweet boys. I pray that I am just even half the mom to this little one i'm *cooking*. So thankful I have you to use as my example in what's to come in 6 months!! yikes.
Post a Comment