My blog is not normally a place where I lay out my personal concerns, but today is different. One of our best friends found a cancerous tumor in his knee last year. After extensive surgeries (right at the time of his daughter's birth) and losing his ability to be as active as he could, they thought they got the cancer. Recently, there was a spot on his lung that was discovered. The doctors didn't seem too concerned about it, but after some tests they discovered that it is more of a concern than previously thought. Scott and I have gone on vacations with this family on several occasions and visit them often in Houston. We have seen how hard it is for Brad to become as inactive as this disease has made him. He and Scott used to play basketball every Saturday morning together and were on the same softball team. Now he has to use a cane to walk. They are the most hospitable, caring, and loving friends anyone could ask for. I know this is not all about me, but it is so easy to lose hope when things continue to go the wrong way. I am trying to have faith and give my control issues over to God, but it is just hard.
This is the email that we got from his today.
Just thought I would give everyone a little update on me. I had a spot on my lungs that the doctors were watching The doctor is now very concerned about the same spot (right lower lung). He is going to give my scans and xrays to a cardiopulmonary specialist (who was in surgery all day today). After looking at my tests and talking, they will decide on a treatment option. Scenario 1 is it is a blood clot and treat it with blood thinners. Another option is the cancer has changed into a different type and is inside the artery causing the blood reduced blood flow and subsequent damage. Treatment is likely chemo. The doctor also told me they might call me tomorrow and want to do surgery right away. That is all we know now.
When we asked the doctor what we should pray for, his response was "That it was someone elses tests."
Please pray for Brad and his family. His wife, Jenny, is caring for him along with their two children. She is trying her best to remain strong for him, but as you can imagine, it's hard. Also pray for Brad's parents. They already lost Brad's only brother in highschool from a heart condition. This is all pretty hard for them. Pray that this is something that is very treatable so this family can get back to normal.
Thank you.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I am agreeing with you in prayer for Brad to be healed of this. Thanks for sharing.
We are praying!!
How scary! We're praying, too!
You can count on my prayers.
This is the saddest thing. You can count on my parayers as well....if you guys want to come down and visit you are more than welcome to stay with us....or I would more than happy to watch the boys if you want to visit alone with them.
Your new header looks great. They did a good job!!
I will pray for everyone!
-Angie
I know prayer is powerful. I will start praying for this family daily. My heart goes out to them while they ride this emotional rollercoaster. It is tough, especially when children are involved. One step at a time is all they can do with added prayer in between each step. Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated.
Any updates on Brad yet?
Post a Comment