Scott and I snuck out of town for a night on Saturday. We needed to get away and not think about a thing, and that's just what we did. We had such a great, relaxing time. I wish we had more time there!
standing on our deck from outside our room
On a separate note, I have purchased the book that I talked about in my last post. I spent Sunday pureeing (not a word, I'm sure). I've made macarroni, meatloaf, chicken cigars, and chocolate peanut butter fruit dip. Each of those had some sort of hidden vegetable. It's kinda fun to be deceptive.
Here are the nerdy bags of pureed veggies.
see Bryce loves it
so does Isaac...
I even used my trickery on Angie, who was on to me but was still a good sport and tried it. The rest of the week's menu will be tacos, chicken nuggets, and Hawaiian chicken kabobs. Lying to your kids rules!
I even used my trickery on Angie, who was on to me but was still a good sport and tried it. The rest of the week's menu will be tacos, chicken nuggets, and Hawaiian chicken kabobs. Lying to your kids rules!

13 comments:
Glad you and Scott got away and relaxed!
I'm impressed that you have already pureed. I have not done it yet but intend to at some point....you've inspired me!!
Just read what you nutsos are saying....Tammie has inspired other to puree! What is happening?!? :) Tammie also left out how she has put her liquid secret veggies in ABC order. I will attest that even I ate chicken cigars with secret sweet potatoes and carrots in them and would never have known it. I will never sit down at the Shelton table again (well at least for the duration of Tammie's latest obsession) and not second guess what is REALLY in my dinner. I hope your kids get really healthy and strong. :) And I hope this one lasts as long as the coupon crazy phase.:)
I must say I WILL NOT hop on the puree band wagon....since I really have NO CLUE what or how to do it:) Congrats on making you kids heathly and strong..what are chicken cigars anyway???
Seriously Angie, we'll see how long this lasts. Ha!
I'm proud of you for the moment, though.
Shut up, Angie Lemons.
You love me and you know it!
Is it bad that I don't care enough about my children's health to take the time to puree?!? :) I'm so glad to hear that you're having fun with it though. I even got a new food processor for Christmas....still probably won't get it done, though.
What a fun trip you guys took! Mark and I really should look into that. I'm sure even Granbury feels a world away when you're gone without children and in a slower paced place.
I made the banana, peanut butter muffins tonight....not so great. I think everything I've tried so far is a little bland. It's meatballs tomorrow night baby!
Kristin
I am so jealous of your little get-away! It looks like it was relaxing.
I too, need to lie to my kids and hide the veggies!
Good for you guys for stealing a night away. That is keeping your priorities right. I won't sneak away to Granbury because I lived there for 18 whole months.
Vegetables, are those the green wet things in the produce section at the grocery store?
Glad you got away!! I can't wait to hear how the recipes work out. Keep us posted. How are your classes going?
I just made spinach brownies. I didn't follow the recipe in the book. I used my own brownie recipe and added 1/2 cup of spinach and 1/2 cup of carrots. Of course MY recipe calls for two sticks of real butter and a ton of sugar. They're good. I am getting the hang of sneaking veggies in everything and I don't even need Jessica's stinkin' cookbook!
Kristin
Those pix are priceless! Crack me up!
Post a Comment