Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions

I have never been too great at making New Year's Resolutions, but I think I will try it this year.

1. Work out three to four times a week. I already started yesterday! It felt so good to get back into the gym. Now, I have to find the time to keep it up.

2. Eat healthier. I hate dieting, but I eat like crap. I found a website called The Daily Plate. It is so awesome. You put in your height and weight, and it calculates the number of calories you should consume daily. Then, you look up food that you ate, and you add it to your plate. It keeps up with the calories and calculates everything. It even gives you healthier options than what you chose. I love it. We'll see if I can keep up with it.

3. One goal I have is to balance school with work and family. I want to give everything 100%, which will be a challenge. I start my class in two weeks.

4. I want to cook healthier. This should help with #2. ;) I have done such a better job of this in the past few years, but I'd like to do even better. I want to find a way to get my kids to eat vegetables. My sister told me about a book that gives you recipes and ways to hide veggies. I plan to look into it.

5. I want to improve my prayer life and read my bible daily. I haven't done very well this past year. I've been pretty hardened since my two friends have been stricken with cancer. I need to set my priorities straight. I think if I do this on a daily basis, it will help me be a better example around the negative people that I am sometimes surrounded by.

Ok, I'll start with those five. I'm not sure I can keep them up, but it does feel good to set some goals! Now, it's your turn to make some!

6 comments:

TriSara said...

Very inspiring. You are brave enough to put into writing what we are all thinking. Keep us updated on how you are doing...mainly in the cooking/eating department. That is one area that I need major help with. I am going to check out the website you mentioned.

McFarland Family said...

I am very impressed...now that it is in writing it is offical:) Good luck with your goals and I want to check out the website for healthy eating......around April!

May Family said...

Good Luck!! Now that you put it in writing for all to see, there's extra motivation to stick with them. I went to The Daily Plate website and it looks really useful. Thanks for the tip! Try thesneakychef.com (also a cookbook)or the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield for getting kids to eat more veggies. I have a friend who swears by both books. Happy New Year!!

Angie said...

I am with you for everything! We can motivate each other....except the vegetables stuff. Maybe Greg needs those books for me! :)

Jennifer said...

Those are great goals! I know you can do it.

That book that A told you about is great. I got it for Christmas and it has some good stuff in it.

I read my email last night (since we were not at small group) and I'm so excited that you got accepted into grad school. Yeah!!

Holly Moulder said...

Those are great!

Mine are:
1. Lose 20 lb by May 13 so that on our 8th anniversary I weigh the same thing I did when we married.
2. Get my friggin' license by May so I can have summer fun with the kids.
3. Read the entire Bible in The Message and stick with it even if I get behind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails