Sunday, May 11, 2008

Camping

We spent Mother's Day weekend at Dinosaur Valley with my aunt and uncle and their two boys. It was the boys first camping experience, and we had a blast!


all of this for one night of camping!
We went to Babe's to eat on the way to the campsite. The food took forever, so we had to entertain the kids somehow...

Jack kicked back a few before putting on his pirate hat.


The boys had a water gun fight while we were setting up the campsite.

It was pretty hot, so we couldn't wait to get into the lake!


After the above picture, we decided it was time to head back for dinner and some baseball and bubbles.

Showered up and ready for bed!


The next morning we headed out to Dinosaur World. We wanted to picnic inside, but the racoons ate all of our bread during the night! So, while the men went to get more bread, we played on the campsite playground.

Dinosaur World!

Each time we saw a different dinosaur, Brayden would yell, "Monkeysarus!" I have no idea why he called them that, but it was pretty funny. He also would randomly lay himself down on the path! I think he was feeling the way we all were at the end of the trip. Thanks, Joel and Lynn, for such a great time! We can't wait to do it again!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! (Except for the spider, did you HAVE to put that picture in - shiver). Maybe Brayden was listening for the dinosaur footsteps!

TriSara said...

Fun! We camped there only one time. Saw so many snakes while we were swimming that I will not camp there any more. Soren is so bummed, she loved it. Since we are so close, they always get to go for field trips so I am off the hook.

See-Dub said...

I'm thinking, yeah, we're long overdue a camping trip, and then I see the spider! Maybe we can wait a little longer...

Glad y'all had a good time! I think today I'll randomly yell "Monkeysaurus!" just to see what happens!

Jennifer said...

looks like a fun camping trip. Hope you had a great Mother's DAy!!

angie c said...

Love the picture of Braydo lying down. Hilarious. The spider and dirt all over the boys was enough to decrease my desire to meet up in Texarkana and camp. No thank you.

Angie said...

Looks like fun. I know Toby loved it! He told me all about it.

PB said...

Yea! Camping! Looks like a fun time for all, even the spider. We are headed out there memorial weekend, can't wait.

I'll have to remember the drill... Yell, "Monkeysaurus!" and drop to the ground. Got it!

Candice said...

That looks like fun and I hope to camp as a family one day. I am a bit with Angie though...the whole spider thing keeps me from being the nature girl I would like to be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails