Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Catch up!

We have had an interesting few days at our house! I don't think I've even blogged about this, but I began graduate school this past semester for elementary counseling. Currently, I am taking a Maymester statistics class. Three weeks. Online. While working. Full time. With two kids. STATISTICS. Anyway, I will thankfully be finished with it on Thursday! All of this to say that the past two 1/2 weeks have not been exactally normal around our house. Thursday night (we were off on Friday) Bryce spent the night with Isaac, so my mom kept Brayden so that I could study. Friday, I spent the night at my mom's house so that I could stay up late (until 1 a.m. to be exact) and study for my midterm that I took the next morning. Then, the plan was for me to come home after my test and watch my niece, Kenzi. Well, midway through the day, Scott and the electric hedgetrimmer got into a battle. The hedgetrimmer won. It's a little stronger than the middle finger. So, we spent most of that day in the ER leaving my mom to babysit all three kids. Once we got home, Bob and Marcy took the boys home with them to swim and stay the night. So, needless to say, things were crazy, but somehow I got to sleep in for three mornings IN A ROW (since it IS all about me, you know)!!


Now, on to the catch up part...


Scott, by the way, is fine. He got some stitches, and his finger is n-a-s-t-y.


For Memorial Day we had a get together at Aunt Marcy's house and got some much needed swimming in. The boys played so hard. They were exhausted!




I couldn't even wake Brayden for dinner that night!




Scott was off on Monday so we went to our favorite place, Grapevine Mills Mall! The boys rode the train in the Choo Choo Station store.



Finally, tonight, Bryce's school had the four year old program. It was so great. They were all dressed like people of different cultures around the world. They did a great job. My little man is the one in the striped African costume with the hat.

His teacher gave each of them an award, and Bryce got the "Bright Idea" award b/c he always has bright ideas and wants to know how everything works.His best friend, Emma
After the program we all went to eat. Do you notice how wierd people act when they go eat with us? I just realized that every out to eat picture I put on here, everyone is doing something nutty. Anyway...


7 comments:

TriSara said...

Good times! I am SO impressed with working moms who go back to school; hang in there. Most of my neighbors are teachers and they are one by one going back for their masters. It is tough, but all have said it was worth the sacrifices (even though it did not feel like it sometimes). Proud of you!

Jennifer said...

poor Scott. Hope his finger heals quickly!

Love the pic of the boys on the raft! Bryce is really chillin.

Yeah Bryce for your award and can't believe these boys are heading to kindergarten!

Hope you survive these last few days of maymester.

Candice said...

Glad Scott is okay.

Hang in there with all the busy-ness!

Jennifer said...

Cheering you on for your last stretch of your class!!!!!!!! You can do it!!!

Hope Scott's finger heals quickly!

Way to go, Bryce! Of course he'd get the bright idea award... he's an unbelievably smart four year old (I still remember subbing in the 2 yr old room and just being amazed at how this little guy could talk so clearly...) Anyway, congrats to Bryce... on to kindergarten, little man!

Ok... last but not least... I am sooo loving Brayden's bright blue eyes in the last picture! I just love those blue eyes! So handsome!

Angie said...

You Shelton's have all the fun! :)

angie c said...

I saw the picture you sent Randy. Blugh.

That picture of mom and Brayden with oranges in their mouth is hilarious. A little weird for mom, but age appropriate for Brayden. :)

Holly Moulder said...

Great blog! Very enjoyable. You can always throw the kids my way when you're studying. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails