
I L-O-V-E SUMMER!
MONDAY:
The boys and I hung out at home for our first official day of summer. When Scott got home, we grilled out and sat on our patio for a long time. I love cool nights that allow us to do that. Ok, that day was kinda boring, but if I skipped it then it would be weird without a Monday on a week review. Moving on...
TUESDAY:
This was a crazy busy day. I took the boys to the zoo. They had so much fun, and there were enough cool indoor buildings for us to not be miserable in the heat.
WEDNESDAY:
The boys started their Wiggles and Tunes music class today at the Rec Center. They loved it! Hank signed up with us, so they all had fun playing together. I wished I had my camera with me. It is every Wednesday, so never fear. I will catch them in action. Then, we went next door to the library for the summer reading club kickoff. They had clowns there, which I didn't get a picture of, either. Brayden laughed the loudest when one clown kept bending over and "tooning." He kept saying "The clown toon-ned." It was funny. I had class that night, so Kerri came over to stay with the boys until Scott got home. They had fun playing with Cameron. Thanks, Kerri, for your help!!
THURSDAY:
The boys went to the dentist this morning. Bryce was so big in the chair getting his teeth cleaned. Brayden, on the other hand, did not like the dentist, the chair, the tootbrush, or anything having to do with anything. He's usually such a trooper, but he screamed the entire time the poor dentist was brushing his teeth and singing to him. At one point, the dentist said, "Hey, you're interrupting my song." Anyway, when Brayden was finished, he sat up and said with a pouty voice, "I had fun brushing my teeth." It was hilarious. The dentist said then he would hate to see him upset! We hadn't seen my brother and Allison in a while, and Scott was off so we headed to Dallas for some Aquarium fun and dinner with Randy and Ali. We ate at Chuy's, and I'm pretty sure I gained fifteen pounds. It was so yummy!!


Randy and Ali with their brand new dog, Lucy.

This picture cracks me up. My boys are not much of dog lovers (not sure WHERE they get that), but they are doing their darndest to take this picture. Notice the space between Brayden and Lucy.
FRIDAY:
We ate lunch with Grandma and Grandpa then went to The Jumping Party. I got a summer pass so the boys can jump all the time this summer (and I can read magazines in air conditioner). Tomorrow we are eating breakfast with Scott's family to celebrate Father's Day. Hopefully, we will get some swimming in soon!!


6 comments:
Sounds like a great week! I LOVE Chuys! Did the boys like the aquarium? We have been wanting to take the boys there.
That sounds like summer to me!
I am earning my CFP certificate (certified financial planner). I have not written much about it. I am only excited when a part of it is over. It is hard and I said I would never go back to school. Never say never.
What a fun week! I love the picture of your face when you won all the Fantasy Football money.
Oh, do you still want me to make a "dog tag" for Lucy the dog? I'm still cracking up over that!!
What a fun week...Let SUMMER BEGIN!!!
That's a lot of fun stuff! Glad your break has gotten off to a good start.
Sounds like you are staying plenty busy! Summer is flying by, isn't it?
Post a Comment