Monday, June 30, 2008

No plans!!

Today was the first day since being out for summer that we had absolutely no plans! I decided that we needed a day to spend at home so that we could stay in our pajamas all day. We got a lot of playing done, and I got some school work in, too! I am working through Hooked on Phonics with Bryce before he starts kindergarten, and it is so fun to see him learn. They have a poster that you put stickers on once you read the book, and he gets so excited. He will love school. Little nerd (just like his daddy). :) He's also trying to grow his hair out like Troy from HS Musical, so that explains why it is so fuzzy right now. We had a great day!
Bryce (I mean Batman) and I spent most of the afternoon building our western town using the lincoln logs. Those are so much fun. I was the bad cowboy, and when I stole the money from the bank, Bryce said,
"Hey mean cowboy-- nice grab." Bryce took these pictures and really wanted to take the one of the building that he built all by himself (below).
Brayden (I mean mini-Batman) couldn't touch something without knocking it over and got tired of Bryce yelling at him, so he decided to hang out on the top bunk where it is safe.
Daddy had to mow and fix the fence once he got home, so we helped him. See us helping?
Bryce singing "Stick to the Stuff You Know"Brayden copying Bryce

Summer rules~!

9 comments:

McFarland Family said...

I love having "no plans" day!!! They are nice every once in awhile:) Summer Rocks!!! It always reminds me of why I am a teacher

Jennifer said...

those days are the best!

See you guys tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yooo hooooo, Seymore! You're not my friend any more SO THERE!

Love, Seyma Butta :)

Angie said...

I love days like that. Let me again apologize that Spencer ruined all of your hard work. :( The little stinker!

Angie said...

I know this sounds weird, but I know exactly what the comment before mine means, and let me say you guys are crazy! (and very funny!)

tamandscott said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I was laughing out loud at my own hilarity. Did you notice my high school?

~Seymore

angie c said...

I'm glad you had time to relax. Y'all needed that! You wore us out when we were there.

The fuzzy hair thing for Bryce (and the reason) cracks me up.

So does Seymore. I'm calling to get the meaning. ??

derrickandamy said...

They are so cute!!! Kati does not have a blog, but Will is cute! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!~Amy

Jessica said...

HELLO FRIEND! You have my blog linked on your page! I want to link YOUR blog on my page!

But, forgive me if I don't know how we know each other! And if we don't know each other, then it seems like we need to have a playdate for our kiddos. ;)

But we have the Hatfields in common!!!! ;)

How do we know each other??

Related Posts with Thumbnails