Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Stuff


My niece took our camera to prom so I haven't taken many pictures of this past weekend (I can't wait to see her pictures--we're helping her download them some time this week). Anyway, I hate writing a blog with no picture, so be warned that this picture has nothing to do with what I'm writing, but it's funny nonetheless. It's from Dave and Busters, and is what our poor kid was supposed to look like...and we decided to have one anyway. Please note that I would never give my children haircuts like this. Ok, Tika, we're even.
We did have a busy weekend though. Saturday, I went to a Ladies Luncheon, got a manicure and pedicure and got my hair cut and highlighted. I truly felt like I was on vacation, but I had a lot of helping to do when I got home. Scott was whipped! T-ball was rained out again which was a nice break...again. We also went to a surprise graduation party for my cousin Saturday night. She was shocked, and there were tons of people there. We had to leave a little early because our boys were super tired, so that kinda stunk, but it was fun either way.
Things got exciting at school today when TAKS results came back. We went out to eat tonight to celebrate the writing scores (anyone who teaches knows how relieving it is to find out you'll actually have a job next year...). It is pretty funny how my husband and I are so cheap that we have to make up a reason to go to dinner during the week--everyone who really knows me is laughing right now. I also made a cool Survivor game for my fourth graders to play the last week of school. I am looking for some theme music that I don't have to pay for.
Not much new is going on with the kids except Brayden is eating jar food now and found his voice, I mean reeeaalllyyy found it in the car...
Also, there was an officer from my home town that I remember seeing at almost every event in this city and drove around my school nearly every morning that was found shot to death along with his wife last night. They think it was a domestic dispute/murder suicide. It's so sad, and I am waiting to hear more from people who were close to him. So far, nobody knows much. They have a sophomore in high school. I just can't imagine getting so upset with my husband that I could kill him and myself.
Anyway, that's all from the Shelton household. Ok, Kristin, I updated. It may be boring, but no more flower picture:).

10 comments:

Jenna said...

That picture looks nothing like Bryce! That is soooo funny.

Anonymous said...

Forget the haircut...how about that sweater on "your kid"? I think I remember Scott wearing that one back in the PYA days!How did the computer know?

angie c said...

Can you post pictures on the comment section? If so, I need to post the picture I have of Scott and Tammie in MATCHING sweaters that look somewhat like what their "son" is wearing in this picture. Except they were in high school... I'll have to pull that one out of my bag of tricks soon. :)

tamandscott said...

I dare you...

angie c said...

please visit www.candicerules.blogspot.com
for a laugh out loud kind of picture...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating! I had no idea you and Scott were the sweater matching kind of people. I'm not so sure I want to be friends any more:)

tamandscott said...

Kristin--we weren't the sweater matching kind. My sister is making the whole thing up. Although, it was the 80's. Ok, the 90's.

Are you still my friend?

Yes No
(circle one)

angie c said...

Did we mention it was worse than just matching sweaters. It was matching AMERICAN FLAG sweaters. I have got to find that darn picture. Don't worry, I'll have it soon...

Anonymous said...

i'm still cracking up about Fullerton...what a cutie!
tika

Anonymous said...

AMERICAN FLAG!!!!! YIKES! I'm glad y'all out grew that cute little stage. I'll be your friend, but I'll have to slap you if you pull that crap again:)

Kristin

Related Posts with Thumbnails