
So, hearing my son scream the words "Mommy, I'm a big boy because I pee peed standing up," from the restroom isn't quite a celebration if you have only taught him to pee sitting down... This is a discussion my husband and I have quite often because I am a bit of a neat freak and refuse to teach a kid learning to pee how to pee in a pot AND try and aim all at once. One thing at a time daddy-o. So, when Bryce yelled that the other day, I ran in the restroom faster than I have run since highschool track (and let me tell you, that was FAST--jk). He had moved his stool in front of the toilet and decided to try it on his own. He did do a pretty good job, but I told him to wait on us from now on. He is such a girly little boy that I thought we'd never have this issue (ok, not really, but we can't even get him to pee in the grass outside and his favorite color is pink and he makes us call him "Miss Larissa"--the Wiggley girl dancer--all the time). I guess the days of sitting to pee are coming to an end. Maybe I'll teach him to use a Clorox wipe, too. I know the trick of putting cheerios in the potty, blah, blah, blah, but that doesn't mean it will actually hit one. The other day I found him sitting in Brayden's bouncy watching tv. He called it his movie chair. He was eating space ice cream that a kid from my class brought him from NASA. If you've never tried space ice cream then don't. It's horrible. This past Saturday Bryce got the game ball after his t-ball game. This is a great honor (to be the next kid in line on the roster) that comes with having to bring snacks to the next game. Awesome, way to go, Bryce...

8 comments:
I am cracking up, Tammie! Your "Miss Larissa" is quite a cutie! He seems to have such a cute personality!
I'm thankful I won't be dealing with the whole peeing while standing up thing, but you'd be amazed how little girls can still manage to get pee outside of the potty.
I thought he was Elvis. Yesterday when he was talking to Nora on the phone he heard me telling her "say hi to cousin bryce" and he said, "NO Aunt Angie, I'm Elvis". So immediately I said "okay Nora, say hi to cousin Elvis"
He also likes to give others their names for the day. Last time I was with him I was Allison, my brother's girlfriend. So hilarious.
big boy! You might as well get used to the aim now. In my experience it doesn't improve. The clorox wipe is the best idea I have heard thus far.
You HAVE to do the Clorox wipe and then let me know how it goes. That'a a good one. I totally dread potty training Noah.
Just give it up! You will have pee on the edge of the potty, on the floor, on the wall, etc.. They are boys and they just can't help themselves.
Oh my! He is so cute and I love that picture! Are you teaching him to say "Gig 'em" with that hand gesture?! I totally understand the pee thing. Grant would die if he knew I told you this, but he isn't allowed to stand up to pee unless he's at school....and he's SEVEN! He uses Clorox wipes and cleans up after himself, but it's still just flat out gross.
Happy last day of school!
Kristin
Miss Larissa sounds like a fun kid!
I am needing a Shelton update, woman!
Post a Comment