
Ten years ago today, I...
1. wore the butt-ugliest wedding dress ever sold (not to mention...it was MAY)
2. was super skinny
3. had ghetto wedding decorations from a warehouse owned by two gay guys
4. was only a month away from turning 21
5. was still mad b/c the elders at my church would not let my dad play guitar along with the song he wrote for me
6. was about to stupidly make 400 people sit and watch us take retardo pictures for 45 minutes instead of letting them go to the reception
7. was about to stain the back of my going away outfit with rose petals (thanks, Chels!!)
8. was about to get into our going away car (red Pontiac LeMans) only to have the air conditioner go out on us as we were leaving the parking lot
9. stand in a two hour receiving line (why??)
10. and...have my garter fall off my leg as I was walking back up the aisle
All of that aside, I could not imagine a happier life if I had not married my #1 man, Scott. You rock, Skitty Poo. Here's to lots more of those happy years ahead!!

14 comments:
Happy anniversary! It's very possible we had the same wedding dress. Mine had giant puffy sleeves and a bow on the butt too.
KW
Ohhhh that dress. I had to avert my eyes when I pulled up your blog.
KW, our bridesmaids dresses had bows on the butt. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.
I can't believe it's been ten years. Dank. Happy Anniversary.
That picture will so be e-mailed around our school TOMORROW! Congratulations you two love birds!
P.S. It is total sap to write all of that....I don't want to hear you don't "do" sap ever again. :)
-Angie...Lemons that is....
OMG! I really think that is my wedding dress. Is that a Mori Lee? Puffy sleeve with a bow right under the puff, and a bow on the butt. Gee how many were there of these? And I got married in 1994. Mori must have had a good run with this dress.
Happy Anniversary!
...but your hair looks fab-o!!!
;)~
Skitty poo? Happy Anniversary to you guys!! You were super-duper skinny! I wore a long sleeve dress too for my July wedding. I still love my dress but my hair, hairpiece, and numerous other things I would change if I could.
Yep, I would definitely change my veil. But my low-key cake and punch reception? LOVED IT. I could never keep up with today's brides on "A Wedding Story." You could buy half a house with what they spend!
Happy anniversary to you and Skitty poo!
Happy Anniversary guys!!! I loved the picture! Y'all look so young! Not that you look old now but you know what I mean. You both look very happy too. Still do! Congratulations!
Congrats on on the BIG 10!!! Love the wedding pic...I think we would all change something about "our day"
Les:)
Tammie,
I am sooooo cracking up at your picture and your post. I don't know anyone that hasn't yet or won't in the future look back and laugh or find something they would want to change. Thanks for sharing! Hope you and Skitty Poo had a good day. I can't wait to give Scott a hard time about that name!!!
Happy anniversary!
Well, I can't imagine what Scott calls you, if you call him Skitty Poo. SKITTY POO? I mean, honestly. I'm sure I am not alone in wondering what the history is behind that nickname.
Anyway, if you still have your dress, I would give you $50 to wear it to church tomorrow. Personally, I think you and puffy sleeves are the bomb.
Sorry I didn't see this on your actual anniversary! Hope you guys had a great day!
Tami:
First: It would cost more than 50 bones to alter that stupid dress enough for me to even think about wearing it right now.
Second: He calls me TIMMIE. Remember????????
Third: Pick me up for bunco Monday night (it IS tomorrow, right??)!
I thought you looked pretty, but I wore a long sleeve gown in May too...
Post a Comment