Monday, August 07, 2006

Houston

Well, we just returned from a visit with our good friends Brad and Jenny in Houston (Deer Park, to be exact). I forgot my camera so we have no pictures. We had a good time swimming and hanging out. I noticed Friday that Brayden's eye was red and Saturday morning it looked worse. So, Jenny and I headed over to the minor emergency clinic. There were two people in front of us, and we waited an hour and a half before they called us back. Why? Then, the doctor spent five minutes with Brayden. Ugh. Needless to say, it was pink eye which must be hiding somewhere in my house b/c Bryce has had it like fifteen times. Now it's Brayden's turn. At least I haven't started back to school, yet, because I really get ticked when I have to take off work for something as silly as pink eye! I am getting excited now to start a new school year. I go back to work on Monday, and Bryce gets to meet his new teachers this week.

I absolutely love the fall so so much. Here is my list of why I love fall (I am pretty bored right now so just go with it):

  • the cool weather
  • October--my most favorite month ever!!
  • football season
  • t.v. seasons kick off again (Grey's Anatomy in Sept)
  • getting a new group of kids
  • start of a new year--always fun to work again
  • painting pumpkins
  • Halloween
  • pumpkin patches
  • beginning to listen to Christmas music (my sister and I begin on October 1st every year and continue until Christmas)
  • buying the boys new clothes for the new season

Ok, that is all, I think :). Happy almost Fall!

10 comments:

Amy C said...

My sister and I put up our tree on halloween when we lived together one year. Happy "looking forward to fall" for you!

The Benson Bunch said...

I love fall too! I can remember getting all geared up to start the new school year. Except I was all concerned about getting our 8th graders ready for their first v-ball game. Man...that was a lot of fun (coaching volleyball), but I was always stressed because I HATED losing! (imagine if I would have been coached high school or college...this was just middle school!)

I cannot believe y'all start listening to Christmas carols on Oct.1st. That's hilarious! (nothing like getting into the Christmas spirit!)

Sorry to hear about Brayden's eye...Hope it gets better soon!

angie c said...

Julie, I coached 7th grade volleyball the last four years and I totally know what you mean. Getting them ready for games (especially 7th graders) is stressful and I HATE LOSING! I was the same way. I bet my 7th graders could kick your 8th graders butts. :)

angie c said...

In fall I love the leaves turning orange and bright yellow in Tennessee.

I'll have to post a picture since you miss out. They are a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Candice said...

I was going to say the same as Angie...I love being in Tennessee in the fall! The colors are beautiful!

Christmas music is not allowed in the Stites' home until AFTER Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is one of my favorites, but it always gets the shaft. And now Christmas decorations in stores go up right after Halloween. Let's be THANKFUL people!

tamandscott said...

Thanksgiving stinks. No presents.

jk:)

The Benson Bunch said...

All your 7th graders could do is underhand serve and BUMP it over...."FREE BALL!!!"

I actually have to give you some love because I do not think I could coach 7th graders at all...I hate teaching basic beginner stuff...that is why all my A-teamers jump served! :)

angie c said...

Dude:
My seventh graders pass/set/hit every ball AND overhand served AND were switching to set positions before the first game. We won first in the tournament at the end of the year. Free ball was a four letter word for us. :)

I've sent letters home to see if they can challenge your team in Arkansas since it's half way. Meet me, Little Rock, two weeks. :)

Seriously, 7th graders make me want to pull my hair out. (and that's some beautiful hair) ha! I'd tell them to line up on the baseline and would stand there looking at me. I was constantly saying: What was hard about the direction I just gave you!!!! Ughhhhh.

tamandscott said...

Why are y'all fighting on my blog? Step off.

Anonymous said...

I love this! You guys are hilarious!

Patti

Related Posts with Thumbnails