Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Picture This...

Imagine you walked into a gym, um, let's say 24 Hour Fitness, and asked for a tour of their facility and came out a member. Then, you go for your first workout at 5:30 the next morning. You're all pumped up and prepared with your gym bag, headphones, and whatever else that makes you look like you're a pro work out person. You hop on the treadmill (not knowing which button to push), but you're not going to ask because you're a total veteran. So, you start pushing buttons until the walky thing begins to move. You wish you had an ipod because you have headphones with nothing to plug them into. After 20 exhausting minutes of walking and running (more walking, less running), you decide to move onto the bike. You spend about fifteen minutes trying to adjust the seat part. You pedal for a good ten minutes thinking what a breeze this is before realizing there's a resistance you can add. Once you put it half way from easy to hard, you decide to quit. So, now comes the showering and getting ready for work part. You waltz into the girls locker room and act like you know where everything is. After you look for the towels for a few minutes, a girl informs you that THEY HAVE NO TOWELS. So, no biggie. You get into the shower (with see-through doors), so you're in the wwwaaayyyyy far back corner. Ok, showering away. Time to dry off. Um, dirty work out t-shirt? (but not too dirty b/c you hardly broke a sweat). Ok, so dirty work out t-shirt. Then, you waltz into the area to blow dry your hair and stuff. You're the only one there, and you're feeling great. Until.......in walks a girl fresh out of the shower wearing nothing but a bra@$% and a *&^%THONG (Oh, yes she was). She proceeds to get ready for 30 minutes standing right next to you with her bu*t cheeks glaring in your direction. You, on the other hand, are standing in your modest teacher dress. Don't look, don't look, ewwww, I looked. Don't look, don't look. Crap, that's just nasty. Finally, you decide to leave your hair a little wet and get the *&^% out of there. Your hair does a flippy thing for the rest of the day, but it was worth missing the last 15 minutes of na*ed girl.

14 comments:

TriSara said...

So so so funny. I am laughing out loud because I can TOTALLY relate to that whole story. But see now you do know where everything is and you got that uncomfortable first time over with. Except for the see through showers - what is that about? 5:30? You are the man. You can have that time slot and I will take another one.

Angie said...

You know in 6 weeks you will be showing off your tiny bootae in a thong for all to see at the gym, too! Go Tammie!

derrickandamy said...

I am so proud!!! We have a membership at a gym and I have darkened the door about, oh, 3 times since Caroline came!!! Thong girl might give me some good motivation though!!!! :)~Amy

Candice said...

I love you, Tammie. This story makes me wish I still lived with you.

Jenna said...

Nasty!! She must have been proud of her body! 5:30 - are you nuts?! I would never survive that time! See-through showers? They used to have showers without curtains at my school and they couldn't figure out why none of the girls would take showers after p.e.

BTW - proud of you for joining! Keep up the good work - it will get easier I am sure!

angie c said...

Hil. ar. ious

Anonymous said...

This was so funny I was crying. Mom

Jennifer said...

Too funny! Hope your workout is better next time!

Anonymous said...

You should have started singing the Thong Song....Good job on the workout!!!-Les

Laurie said...

You are too funny! Have you been back???

Anonymous said...

Okay Tam first of let me say I feel your pain. We have a fitness center on campus where I work. I steer clear of the locker room because of that very reason. The thing is not everyone one running around topless and in a thong need to be showing off any of that nasty business. I mean the first thing I saw was a woman walking buck naked across the floor who should not have been. I didn't know they made thongs that big and the worst was yet to come she had the audacity to acually bend over with that thing on OMG!! I ran out screaming. KG

See-Dub said...

My eyes! My eyes! I'm traumatized just READING about it!

PB said...

Ok I'll have to tell you about a thong story I have experienced myself in Colorado. Remind me. I don't want to put it on your blog. Too gross! Hide your nakedness women!

Tami said...

First of all, thanks for letting me know you are a member. Second, how come you didn't want to work out with me?? Is it because I walked out of the shower in my thong? I don't know what is so wrong with it, I thought you were supposed to wear shoes in public showers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails