Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Megann


Today is Megann's birthday. She would have been 33. She died last May of ovarian cancer. She was such a terrific friend to everyone she met. So many people mentioned her on thier blogs today! I started back to school this week and opened up the drawer on the wooden podium that she gave me after she was too sick to teach anymore. In the drawer was a picture of herself that she had put in there "so I would never forget her," so she told me. I sure didn't need a picture for that.
We are joining Megann's family to walk in her honor at a National Ovarian Cancer Walk at the end of this month.

If you are interested in joining Team Megann, call Heritage Church of Christ or you can visit this website to donate to our team. It is so important to raise money to help find a cure for this "silent killer."

2 comments:

candice said...

Even though I never got the chance to know Megann, I feel so inspired by her life. She seemed to affect many and you can just identify the way the light of Christ shined through her. I think that's what it is all about. Thank you for sharing your dear friend with us.

Anonymous said...

Did you not just want to break down? I think I may have! I can't wait to walk for her!

Mistee

Related Posts with Thumbnails