Friday, August 03, 2007

VBS!!

Well, VBS ended tonight. It was so amazing how many people helped put this together. I'll bet we had well over 500 kids there. The theme was "Galilee by the Sea." The kids got to participate in activities from "bible days" that included making necklaces, making sandals, bricks, wood working, synagogue meetings, etc. My only job for the week was the worship leader for the 2's and 3's, so I got to go around with Bryce's tribe (minus a little hiatus for a couple of days because of an ummm... let's just call it a minor surgical procedure). All in all, I was very impressed by the VBS. The kids had a ball!


Bryce's tribe
In the background are just some of the decorations that Jennifer and I worked on for the little ones. I totally painted those palm trees.
Our worship center was transformed into a marketplace.
Matt, our Children's Minister who rocks the houseSome of the volunteers praying before the first night.
For more fun pictures, you can check out our VBS blog


5 comments:

See-Dub said...

It was awesome! Just unbelievable!

Those were some rockin' palm trees, too!

Angie said...

It does look incredible. What a wonderful church you have. It always seems to be above and beyond your expectations. Great job on the decorations. It was worth the hard work!

Amy C said...

It was great. My children really enjoyed it. The decorations were amazing too. Especially the palms!

PB said...

What great palm trees.Your such an artist! Must be from your recent memories of Hawaii. I hope you are doing better after your ah...surgical procedure.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not going in to detail about your surgical procedure and also thanks for not posting pictures of it!

Looks like y'all had a great turn out for VBS! Ready for next year?

K

Related Posts with Thumbnails