Friday, August 24, 2007

We Made It!!

They both come in and head straight for the pantry every day. Here's Brayden picking up all of his snack!
This was totally staged.

I was so discouraged on Monday night at Bunco because I didn't think I would have a room on Monday when school started. That night, I got home, and there was an email from my principal. We had to lose a teacher due to numbers, so that opened up a room. So, I moved into my old classroom!! So, I am now ready for those smiling faces on Monday morning. We ended up getting a new teacher yesterday for kindergarten, so now two second grade teachers have to move to the portables once they are ready. Crazy.



The boys enjoyed their classes this week. They both have great teachers. I am so happy with the Development Center where they go. Bryce's class has a pre-school packet of information with all kinds of things they will learn this year. I'm anxious to see how much of it really happens! Today, he asked me if I knew the Spanish word for "my turn," (we were taking turns playing horsey). Anyway, I was thinking, wow, they're already learning Spanish....until he said it was iluv otsen, then I thought again. They were really dragging this week though, and I just hate to wake them up, but we'll all eventually get use to being back in a routine.

7 comments:

TriSara said...

It is so awesome that you like their school so much! Glad you finally got a classroom. I am sure they appreciate having a teacher that is so flexible, but I know that must have been frustrating.

See-Dub said...

YEA for getting a room--YOUR room! Here's to a good, rejuvenating weekend!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Have a great weekend before Monday is here! I'm so glad you got a room and your boys had a great first week. I also read your last post about Megann and cried at the thought of you using her podium. What a sweet way to remember her every time you're teaching those children. :)

Jenna said...

I am so glad for you!!! I couldn't imagine having class on a stage. I can't believe you are back in the same room!!

I bet Bryce learns a ton this year. He is super smart.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are all ready for the kiddos on Monday...good luck I hope none of them are scared of the urnials:):)Its great being a teacher!-Les

angie c said...

What's horsey?

Bryce will be fluent in spanish by the end of the year, I can see it now. He's the smartest kid I know. Apologies to anyone else with a four year old out there, but he's seriously, very smart. He says glutious maximus instead of bottom and I can't even spell that.

Tami said...

I am so glad you got your classroom! Your determination to not talk about it at Bunco must have paid off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails