Here we are at our last week of summer vacation. School starts in one week, and I can't move into my classroom, yet! Anyone who teaches knows how
devastating this can be. Last year, when I found out we were getting portables, I begged my principal to let me get into one. I'm not sure I would have if I knew that I would be moving in last-minute. Another sad note is that we are having to lose a teacher in fourth grade. I feel so bad for this girl because she has not taught anything other than fourth and now has to move schools and teach second grade...a week before we start. She is not the kind of person who will take that lightly either. I just pray that something else works out.
On another note, Bryce took a really short nap yesterday. When I asked him why he didn't sleep (b/c I KNOW he didn't), he told me that he had tried to take his nap in his dirty clothes basket...
So, after I went in and checked in his room, his pillow was totally in his closet by his dirty clothes basket. Wierdo...
I don't have much else to say (this is the longest I've ever written!), so I'll end with some pictures of my little dudes.



10 comments:
That stinks! I have also been in the position where I had to switch rooms but could not get in until the very end. In fact, my last year of teaching I had gone to school and done everything in my room, only to find out that the DAY BEFORE meet the teacher, I had to move rooms. I was so overwhelmed so I know how you feel. I feel so sorry for the girl that has to switch grades and schools. What a way to start the year!
Sorry your last week is approaching but I know you are excited to get back to school and into a routine.
I bet you are going crazy!! I hope you get to move in soon. They are supposed to let the teachers move into the boys' new school on Monday. I hope the school is ready on time!
That Bryce is FUNNY!
I must say good call on the getting a portable..... NO ONE will bother you. It does stinks that you can not get in yet. Are they at least there?? It will all come together...it ALWAYS does....I know this is driving you nuts!! On a good note...at least you have one more week....I started back Friday...I did absoulty nothing in my room because I am still in denial about coming back:(:(
P.S. love the pics of your dudes
-Les
I hope you get in there soon! What a pain. You can come work in my room if you're getting antsy! ;)
I really feel for the teacher who has to move. My mom had to do that fairly late in her career, and it was traumatic! I hope her new school and grade level work out for her.
I'd better go soak up some more summer before it's gone!!!
I got you covered girl....I mean I don't feel like it now because you helped me get my room ready today and I am too tired. :) This summer has been a blast...and dare I admit it ...the calendar rocked! :) I love that Bryce tried to sleep in his clothes basket...maybe not so GT of him but crazy funny!
Okay, I don't comment much on your blog but I couldn't resist on this one. My son, Ridgedon, did the same exact thing in his clothes hamper. I'm pretty sure he took the clothes out??? But he was determined to sleep like that all night and we let him! I found him in bed the next morning. These silly boys and the things they think of!
Your boys just keep getting cuter and cuter! I had so much fun spending the day with them last Wednesday! Which reminds me...I need to email you the pictures I took that day!
There are two things in the education world that I think should absolutely NOT be allowed...changing a teacher's grade and classroom within weeks (or days) of starting school! (How prepared can they really be for kiddos when they have to change GRADE LEVELS like that?! That's awful!) Secondly, you all should have the MOST AWESOME maternity leave that is PAID FOR!! I still can't believe that teachers do not get paid during their time off for having babies. Crazy.
Anyway, thanks for letting me stand on my teacher soapbox for a second, especially since I'm not even a teacher (but I have a mom, dad, and sisters who are!!)
Good luck with moving in your room and with this upcoming school year. :)
Woah, girl. I thought I already commented here. Room situation sucks.
What is Bryce doing in that picture?
Post a Comment